Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Renaissance Festival last weekend (sharing some photos)

  1. #1
    -megalithanod
    Guest -megalithanod's Avatar

    Some may remember, but it really doesn't matter if you don't, that last weekend I got the chance to go to the annual Renaissance Festival that goes on here in middle TN. I thought I'd share some of the photos with you all.

    Mind you, these are raw scans and no retouching, so don't nitpick on any dust [img]wink.gif[/img]

    First off we have a few from the first match of jousting in the day. I think I'll title the first pic "Nice ass"

    73948607

    This was the guy we were supposed to be cheering for (for sheer fact that we chose the left side of the field)
    73948613


    They all had to go through these "feats of skill" before they were allowed to pummel each other with very long sticks of wood.
    73948627

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ June 06, 2004 11:15 PM: Message edited by: -megalithanod ]</font>

  2. #2
    -megalithanod
    Guest -megalithanod's Avatar

    Post

    My chosen angle wasn't good the first time around as there were just too mant damn people in the stands and you would "lose" them in the clutter when looking at the photo. There were a couple that came out without anyone other than them (like the first photo shows the problem with the people). This part of the tourney was funny as the goal was to ride around next to each other on your horse and smack the shit out of the other guy with a short wooden stick. It was supposed to simulate close battle conditions or something. I looked at it as a good stress reliever.

    73948640
    73948639

    Like I said, my angle for jousting sucked the first time around, but here are a couple of "our hero" after the jousting.

    73192809
    73192812

  3. #3
    -megalithanod
    Guest -megalithanod's Avatar

    Post

    We stuck around for the Falconry show, but again, the shear number of people caused problems with decent pics

    73192819

    The next event we caught was the Human Chess match. Really good entertainment! It was scripted, but good to watch and a good laugh as well. It started with the "Pirates" telling a joke.

    An Englishman, a Scotsman and an Irishman walk into a pub and each order a pint. Simultaneously, they all have a fly land into their beer.

    The Englishman called for the bartender and said "Barkeep! I need another pint as a fly has landed in mine"

    The Scotsman picked the fly out of the beer and tossed it aside before drinking away.

    The Irishman picked the fly out of his beer and started shaking it and yelling "Spit it Out! SPIT IT OUT!"
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In the Chess match - you also got to see some of the costumes that were constantly walking around:

    11422101
    11422103
    11422104

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ June 06, 2004 11:17 PM: Message edited by: -megalithanod ]</font>

  4. #4
    -megalithanod
    Guest -megalithanod's Avatar

    Post

    11422124
    11422138
    11422140

  5. #5
    -megalithanod
    Guest -megalithanod's Avatar

    Post

    After the chess match, which we took a semi-bad angle for since we were waiting for the following jousting match, we watched jousting again.

    Here are some of the tourney thingies again - especially the "beat the shit out of each other on horses" contest
    51100807
    51100816
    51100813

    and a MUCH better angle for the jousting!!!
    51100825

  6. #6
    -megalithanod
    Guest -megalithanod's Avatar

    Post

    I like to call this 4 photo segment <font size="3"><font color="blue">"Moment of Impact"</font></font>

    51100817
    51100818
    51100819
    51100820

  7. #7
    -megalithanod
    Guest -megalithanod's Avatar

    Post

    I think the next four also fall into another "Moment of Impact" showing, but more like "Almost felled" series:

    54410908
    54410909
    54410910
    54410911

  8. #8
    -megalithanod
    Guest -megalithanod's Avatar

    Post

    The last thing we caught for the day was a glass blowing demonstration. I didn't have a good angle as my wife was far more interested in getting specific photos of it where I was doing it by the seat of my pants school of photography; so I made sure she had the good seat, and I took one that was blocked a little, but a couple did come out:

    59020706
    59020719
    59020720
    59020723


    Hopefully you all enjoy the pics!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Joranthalus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2001
    Posts
    4,990
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    cool pics!

    I used to work the renfest up here in Bristol WI. Played timpani during the joust and was part of a wandering minstrel act. the pay sucked, but it was "all you can drink"...

    But i got entirely sick of those fuckers with "speak middle english"" or "that does not exist" and all that shit. I never go there any more

    Here's my impression of Jor at a renfest

    *Jor leaves renfest*

    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    -megalithanod
    Guest -megalithanod's Avatar

    Post

    I can see where it would get tiring. I got tired of it and I was a visitor!

    Although, I did like the women that truely followed the dress attire from that era! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •